Controller Of Site Safety (Initial)
Delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of the Individual working alone, Controller of Site Safety and, if applicable the Protection Controller.
- Interpret and reference documentation
- Understand the importance of briefings and communication protocols.
- Conduct emergency protection of a railway line.
- Identify and understand the role of the Rail Incident Officer (RIO).
- Understand the process of issuing an Overhead Line Permit (OLP) and understanding its conditions of issue.
- Understand the process of being issued a Conductor Rail Permit (CRP) and understanding its conditions of issue.
The training will be followed by theory and practical assessments. Upon successful completion of the course the National Competency Control Agency (NCCA) will be informed of a decision of competence and the candidate will be issued with a new Sentinel card.
- Minimum age of 18
- Meet the entry requirements of PTS competence
- Good level of literacy required
- Must hold valid Sentinel Track Safety Card and meet the requirements of NR/L2/CTM/021 – Competence and Training in Track Safety
- Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical requirements
- Meet requirements of Network Rail Specification NR/L1/OHS.051 (Drugs & Alcohol)
- The Pre-COSS workbook needs to be completed and the Sponsor must register the completion of the Pre-COSS workbook with Sentinel