Controller of Site Safety to SWL 1 Conversion
COSS to SWL 1 Conversion
Delegates will be able to:
- Break down the role of SWL1
- Explain accountability and Responsibility
- Understand and describe non-technical skills associated with the role
- Understand and identify human factors
- Explain the communication skills required by an SWL1
- Prepare and deliver briefings associated with the role of SWL1
- Identify risks and hazards
- Understand and describe control measures associated with identified hazards and risks
- Describe and explain health and wellbeing risks to work group members
- Understand and describe health and wellbeing management measures
- Explain and employ safe work processes including SSOW methods
- Know how to create SSOW packs in line with the new instructions
- You currently hold PTS and COSS competencies or be within the 8-week grace period (from expiry date).
- Have successfully completed all COSS workplace assessments.
- Have a minimum of 4 Work Experience Logbook entries
- Have a good level of literacy.
Following successful completion, AKS Training will register your certification with Sentinel.
Re-certification is required every two years.
Who’s it for?
This course is designed to equip candidates/delegates with the skills and underpinning knowledge required to undertake Safe Work Leader duties in line with the new SWL 1 competence now required to work on Network Rail’s infrastructure