First Aid at Work
- 18 hours of high-quality instructor-led tuition, over a course direction of 3 days. (These do not have to be consecutive)
- A student resource workbook
- Small class size (12 max. per class)
- Interactive presentations, graphical learning approaches, and hands-on training.
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs
- Unconscious patients
- Cardiac arrest and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Safely dealing with bleeding
- Recognising and caring for shock
- Burns and scalds
- Bone, muscle and join injuries
- Eye injuries
- Signs and symptoms of major illness
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work
- Poisoning by ingestion or inhalation of a substance or gas
- Written Questionnaire (Pass or Fail)
- Practical Assessment (Pass or Fail)
First Aid at Work can be delivered on site, at your premises if required.
The course is designed to equip first aiders with the skills to undertake first aid if someone becomes ill or injured in the workplace.
Successful candidates will be awarded a First Aid at Work qualification. Whilst HSE recommend all workplace first aiders receive annual refreshers, this qualification is valid for three years, and certificated through WorkSafe Training Systems.
Who’s It For?
First Aid at Work is a qualification for those working in medium and high-risk environments (warehousing, transport, rail etc.).