Operating Licence Awareness Training (OLAT)
This one-day course is designed for directors, partners, sole traders and people with restricted Operator Licence responsibilities to provide an overview of their Operator Licence requirements, and to re-affirm their undertakings provided to the Traffic Commissioner through their O Licence application.
This course may be a conditional requirement deemed by a Traffic Commissioner at a public inquiry for the continued compliance of a restricted operator licence. The course is IoTA approved and complies with the expectations of the Traffic Commissioners.
- Operator Licensing – Application; Conditions; Notifiable Changes; Legal Responsibilities
- Safe Loading of Vehicles – including Load Restraint, calculation of payload and safe load distribution
- Weights and Dimensions of Vehicles
- Drivers Hours – EU drivers hours and the Road Transport Working Time Directive; Drivers Hours Records for Analogue and Digital Tachographs; Working Time Directive for non-driving personnel; Planning Safe Overnight Parking
- Driver Licensing
- Speed Limits
- Planned Preventive Maintenance – including Drivers’ Defect Reporting; Enforcement
- Operational Security
- Operator Compliance Risk Scores (OCRS)
An abbreviated OLAT course is also available as a 3.5-hour unit as per the institute matrix of training modules for Driver CPC. This is designed to inform drivers and junior staff of their role in Operator Licensing Compliance.
Please note the abbreviated 3.5-hour unit is not acceptable to the Traffic Commissioners as an OLAT course.
Our prices include all tuition, manuals and examination fees, and are subject to VAT.